Words About the Lender You Choose
- The competence of your lender will dramatically affect the outcome of your home buying experience, particularly because Colorado is a state with “table funding” at closing date.
- Lenders who do not meet contract deadlines at escrow may put you at considerable legal risk if they cannot/do not fund at scheduled closing because you then are failing to perform on the contract. If your lender fails to fund, and if the seller has competing or secondary-position offers, he can void your contract and immediately accept another offer. If this happens, you would lose your earnest money deposit.
- Beware of certain Internet lenders. These “faceless” sources of loans can create all sorts of problems for you.
- Often the best results come when a local lender is chosen.
- You have the right and the responsibility to choose your lender. Interview several lenders to find with whom you feel most confident.
Often my customers ask me for a recommendation of a lender. Following are lenders of proven ability for your consideration.
Our Loan Officers
Jeff Berthiaume - Loan Officer
NMLS# 680356 | LMB100047899
Jeff is located in our Mulberry Office. He has been lending for 12 years. His favorite hobbies include golf, snowboarding, traveling and racquetball.
Brett Dewitt - Loan Officer
NMLS#680612 | LMB100047898
Brett is located in our Horsetooth Office. He has been in mortgage banking for 14 years. He loves to camp, ride ATVs, hike in the mountains, go to the movies and enjoy all of the Northern Colorado's great new restaurants.
Tara Doak - Loan Officer
NMLS#680348 | LMB100047896
Tara Doak, formerly known as Tara Miller, is located in our Harmony Office. Tara has been lending for 11 years. She enjoys anything outdoors, snowboarding, biking, running, shopping, traveling, hiking and cheering for the Broncos.
Scott Ellis - Loan Officer
NMLS#680236 | LMB100047900
Scott is located in our Harmony Office. Scott has been lending for 10 years. His hobbies include working out/ weightlifting, old-man slow pitch softball, poker, and home improvements/landscaping.
Joey Hansen - Loan Officer
NMLS#96996 | LMB100050764
Joey is located in our Loveland office and has been lending for 11 years. She loves the distinct seasons that Colorado offers, and plays in the great outdoors as much as possible with her husband and two young sons. She also loves to cook gourmet meals as long as she has a good recipe to follow. If there’s no such good recipe, then she simply loves to eat gourmet meals.
Jason Peifer - Loan Officer | Sales Manager
NMLS#655431 | LMB100047902
Jason is located in our Mulberry Office. He has been lending for 12 years. Jason enjoys the outdoors and activities it offers.
John Polansky - Loan Officer
NMLS#684916 | LMB100047895
John is located in our Centerra Office. John has been in the lending industry for 12 years. John is bilingual and enjoys being outdoors and active in sports including open water swimming and rowing.